This is the easiest muffin recipe you can come across. I had a failure attempt at a recipe this morning, I should of gone with my gut instinct but I thought, no, follow the recipe then tweak it. MASSIVE fail BUT the universe is back on my side and I whipped up these yummy muffins.
Banana Muffins with Oat Crumble Topping – delicious!
I always have a supply of overripe bananas in my fruit bowl and I’ve been wanting to conjure up this muffin recipe I found amongst my notes. I just added the banana as I had some needing to be used otherwise, skip the banana and have a plain muffin.
Super easy and fail proof, just as long as you don’t over mix the batter!
** Instead of banana, you could add 1 cup of peeled diced apple (small pieces so it cooks quickly!)
Makes: 12 muffins
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 cups self raising flour, sifted
1 cup mashed banana**
Crumble: * or 1/2 cup of toasted museli or granola you already have! :)
1/2 cup oats
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp peanut butter, optional
unsalted butter, roughly 10 g
* you could add seeds or some walnuts – mixture needs to be moistened with the butter not drenched!
1. Preheat oven to 180°and grease a 12 hole muffin tray with melted butter.
2. Combine the milk, olive oil, sugar, egg and mashed banana in a bowl till well mixed.
3. Add in the SIFTED self raising flour and mix to combine (don’t over mix the batter).
4. Melt the butter, sugar and peanut butter in a saucepan over low heat. Do not boil, just enough for everything to come together and for the sugar to dissolve. Remove from the heat and mix in the oats.
4. Divide the muffin mixture evenly between the muffin holes and top with the crumble. Bake for 20 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean and the crumble is toasty and golden. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes then remove with a knife and pop on a wire rack – Enjoy!by