These fritters are so delicious with all the fresh, colour, vibrant ingredients.
It’s so healthy and simple. Great meal to have in summer and any meal of the day :) The only thing I am missing is a handful of fresh peppery watercress. I LOVE watercress and would go perfectly with this meal.
I’ve made these before but I was watching Poh & C0 last night and Poh was making these and I wanted them!
Annnnd VOULA! I made this for dinner :)
* For a full meal serve with a fried or poached egg! OR if you don’t serve it with the avocado or salsa, maybe a relish or a spiced garlic yoghurt dip. YUM!
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup milk
2 corn, husks removed and kernels sliced away
1 red capsicum, stems and seeds removed, diced into small cubes
1 small zucchini, washed, quartered lengthways, diced into small cubes
5 button mushrooms, halved and sliced
1 springs onions, finely sliced
salt and pepper
lime wedges, to serve
Tomato Salsa, to serve (I left out the chiptole)
Chunky Avocado Mash, to serve
1. Make the chunky avocado mash and tomato salad, set aside.
2. Combine flour, milk, eggs, salt and pepper into a large bowl and whisk until you have smooth batter.
3. Add in the vegetables and GENTLY fold the mixture together, you don’t want to bruise or break the vege.
4. In a saucepan over medium heat, add some oil and spoon in a ladle full of the mixture into the the saucepan, speading the ingredients out. Cook them for 2-3 minutes on each side or until set and golden brown, then flip. Continue with the remaining mixture. Serve with chunky avocado mash, tomato salsa and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!by